Thursday, September 14, 2006

Has anyone seen the tooth paste?

Ah, are you kidding me? Dustin came downstairs for less than a minute.............Leaving Ty and Bryce unattended and very quite. When he gets to the doorway of their bedroom, he hears giggling and we all know that is not a good sign! Ty and Bryce each have a tube of toothpaste and are making circles and lines all over the carpet!! Well, we can't seem to get it all out and now their room smells a mix of peppermint and watermelon........Today, Bryce and Dylan were down for their naps and Ty and are we doing some school stuff (the letter A), then off to his QT(Gopher Buddies). We talked about how no one can be truly happy without God in our life and that the only way to have joy is to love and obey God. After talking about it for awhile, I asked Ty if he wanted to pray and tell God how much he loves Him. So he lays his head down and closed his eyes. "Dear Jesus, thank you for loving me, why do you love me so much? I love you too. Sometimes I disobey my parents in the Lord because they have too many rules." (ok, so he said this yesterday in the car. I of course laughed and asked if he was 14 or 4. So he thinks it is funny...) Oh sweet Ty, got to love him. Today I took the boys to target to get a fishing game. Standing in the toy isle, Dylan sees a stuffed dog and starts to bark. (of course) So Ty says, "let's get Diddy (Dylan) that doggie." I am thinking about it when Ty and Bryce spot little kitties. So of course they want those too. Today we walked out of target with all the boys favorite animals!! How can they get us to buy those silly things?! Tomorrow, Dylan and I leave for the beach with my friend Amanda. I am excited for a peaceful weekend and a time to catch up with Amanda before she moves to Ohio. Pray for safety and a time of refreshment spiritually for me. Pray too, for Dustin as he will have the big boys all weekend. Pray for patience and lots of energy.....

1 comment:

amanda said...

Ahhhhhhhh what a wonderful weekend!! Thanks for leaving your big boys to go spend some time with me! :) And man, them there wal-marts sure are nice at the beach ya'll.