Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter



I can't even begin to describe the incredible joy I experienced this Easter. It was as if I was "getting it" for the first time in my journey with Christ. I was so overwhelmed with the ultimate gift of redemption. Jesus died for ME! For ME! A sinner by nature, not worthy of God's love, yet He chose to send His son to DIE FOR ME! WOW, yes I guess I am a slow learner. I was in tears all morning at church in awe of His great love. There was no way this day could get any better! But that afternoon God once again gave me a sweet glimpse of Heaven. As we gathered around to share a meal to celebrate the Resurrected King with our family, friends, and neighbors; I was moved by the love and joy in all the faces around me. I could sense the Presence of God moving over each heart as we laughed and enjoyed each others company. While walking around taking pictures I was struck by the many cultures that were represented, and this verse came to mind: "....from every nation, tribe, people, and language standing before the throne......and they cried out in a loud voice: Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne....Rev 7:9-10 This is one of the most memorable and most powerful Easters for me as we celebrated the greatest love story ever.

1 comment:

amanda said...

AMEN!!!