Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A little seed.

This morning Bryce was on a mission.
Bryce:" Mommy, this morning I prayed for Ava because she doesn't have Jesus in her heart." If she dies will she still go to heave because she is a baby?"
Me: "Bryce that is awesome you are praying for her. Keep praying. Did you pray for Dylan too?"
Bryce:"No he has Jesus in his heart."
Me: " No he doesn't yet."
Bryce: "Dylan (who was upstairs waiting for Bryce to come back up to play football) I am coming right now."

I stand at the bottom of the stair and see one of the most precious scenes play out.

Bryce:" Dylan, do you want Jesus to come into your heart? To live there forever and you get to go to heaven?"
Dylan: "Yes"
Bryce: "Ok, then close your eyes and pray this; (Bryce puts his hand on Dylan's shoulder as he prays) Jesus, I want you to come into my heart forever. Amen."
Dylan: Jesus, I want you to come into my heart forever."
Bryce: "Say Amen."
Dylan: "Amen!"
Bryce: Mom, Dylan has Jesus in his heart now."

Then they are off to finish their game of football. I love the sweetness of little children! Dylan has been asking questions about Jesus lately...."Why did Jesus die Mommy?" "But why?" "Where is Jesus?" Another little seed planted by his sweet big brother.....

4 comments:

Devon said...

I love this so much. =)

megan said...

That's precious. You're raising some awesome boys over there.

Christy said...

wow, that is so awesome! Hearing little children come to the Lord is the most moving thing ever... I have tears welling up in my eyes. What a precious gift to see your two sons interact like that... Thank you Lord for little boys!

Angela said...

Such a sweet big brother. Already the little evangelist.