Tuesday, December 02, 2008

NYC

3 Weeks ago, Dustin and I went on my surprise 30th birthday trip! He had my friend CC pack my bags since I was not to know where we were going! When we finally dropped off all the kids and got to the airport, Dustin handed me my ticket saying...New York City! I was so excited, I have never been and really really wanted to go! I was so giddy with excitement as we sat and waited for the time to board. Of course our flight was a bit delayed....we finally board and I am texting to make sure the kiddos are ok when up walks CC and Ashley! THEY were going to NYC with us!! I was really speechless as I had NO idea that anyone was coming along. I barely was able to speak again when Gregg walked onto the plane! I was again in utter shock!! I was so giddy the entire flight! Once we arrived to the NYC airport I was ready to get to the city! Never mind that it was already 9:30! We are just standing around waiting for our bags when Dustin says I think some of our bags are here. I turn to look only to find Chris riding the baggage claim holding a box of chocolates! I nearly screamed! I smiled so much that night, my face hurt!
We stayed in a friends place 2 blocks from central park and minutes from Times Square! We were in heaven! We walked so much the next three days. It truly is a city that never sleeps. We went to China town, Little Italy, Central park, ground zero......really everything a first time New York visitor does. (Minus a show)
It truly was the 2nd best trip of my life. (second only to my honeymoon) I felt incredibly loved, celebrated, and treasured! Here a some pictures in random order. Enjoy! (ps I turn 30 12/19!)

1 comment:

Christy said...

Looked like a lot of fun. It's funny to think that I grew up there, it seems so long ago.