Monday, January 21, 2008

Can we keep him?


So we are finished with Bible study at our house and just a couple of people are left when Molly and I are standing by the sink chatting with our spouses :-) when this little creature runs right in front of our feet! We run and I jump on the couch in true girl fashion when the guys look for it. We decide to put out a "humane mouse trap". I can hear in the middle of the night that we got the little stinker! When I get up the next morning I ask about the poor thing. "Mommy we caught a mouse! He was so cute! We wanted to keep him. " Wanted??? I think why wantED! "Mommy I was holding the mouse in his box and then I tipped it and he ran out! The kittens were chasing it and it went under the stove!" I look over to Dustin who just smiles and shrugs! So we set the trap again that night and when we caught it this time, I insisted we not wait till morning to show the boys, but get it out now! When I took a peek at it, I too had a moment of, "Oh he IS cute, can we keep him??!!"

1 comment:

megan said...

Oh my goodness, I would have died!!!! But he is kinda cute....