Wednesday, October 08, 2008

26.2 for Africa

I am running 26.2 for World Vision on Sunday. Here is a little bit about who I am running for.

"Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness; Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so. World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.Inspired by our Christian values, we are dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.

World Vision is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice, and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God."


Some stats to chew on:

Every 7 seconds a child dies of hunger
Two billion people live on less than $2.00 a day
Every 46 minutes 1,836 die from a lack of clean water

Please pray for me as I run. For endurance to finish the race, not for me, but for the mission I have set before me. To run for these precious children that have nothing. As I hit mile 20/22 and I start to ache, pray my heart aches for these little ones, pray that ache pushes me on to the finish line. Thank you for all your financial support and all your prayers. My God be glorified through World Vision and their efforts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious BETTY! I have read your blog since Sarah S. first linked it - and have loved keeping up with your wonderful, encouraging life.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Jess

Anonymous said...

Betty: I will be praying for you on Sunday and I know that God will be with you giving you the endurance it takes to finish your run. You are an amazing person and such an encouragement for all the people around you. We are so proud of you and all of that you've accomplishments.
Love you Lots,
Dorothy & Frank

Angela said...

Praying for your trip and your run!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Betty!!! Praying for you guys. You're really doing something awesome, friend.

Christy said...

Betty,
I just got back from the beach and I am sorry that I could give your kids the chicken sickies... although Zach still has some himself... so if you really want we can do it!

I hope your run went well... I am sorry that I could be praying for you while you were running, I had no access to a computer all last week at the beach.

I'll call you tomorrow.
christy