Monday, October 13, 2008

I finished!










Chicago was a blast! We had a great time touring around, taking cabs, riding the train, and eating yummy food! Ava was a champ, she was a doll traveling and she was a great cheerleader! The weather was unbelievably hot! The Windy City?? Yeah right! The morning of the race Katie and I jumped on the train for a 45 minute ride into the city and started our walk to the World Vision tent! It was wild seeing all the runners coming together. It took us 18 minutes to finally get to the start line and begin to to "run". The whole run was shoulder to shoulder as 40,000 runners crammed the streets of Chicago. It was incredibly HOT! 85 degrees in October!? Unreal! The seven of us all finished the run for World Vision. It truly helped running for the children of Africa. It gave us all great motivation to finish the race strong. I finished in 4hrs and 37 mins. Ah it was long and did I mention HOT!? Again, thank you all for your prayers and financial support.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I am so glad you made it. Sorry I didn't get around to calling today, we had a crazy day. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a few minutes to call when it is quiet.

Angela said...

Yeah! Congratulations.

Angel said...

good job!!